It takes a unique kind of person to become a Visiting Carer. You need to have a compassionate nature, you must be able to work in a professional and discreet manner, and have to ensure that respect and dignity for the customer is maintained at all times. Above all, though, when you take on the role of a Visiting Carer, you must be highly willing to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
What does a Visiting Carer do?
The aim of Visiting care is to enable customers to be able to remain in their homes with as much independence as possible. You will be responsible for various tasks, shopping, housekeeping, administering medication and personal care. You will typically be expected to carry out everyday jobs such as cleaning, cooking, washing and running errands, but you will also be delivering companionship to the person in your care – and this is often the most valuable form of support for those who are feeling isolated because of an illness or disability.
We can’t pretend that your role won’t be challenging at times, but the sense of fulfilment our staff gain from embarking on a career as a Visiting Carer is often overwhelming. Caring for those in need is a truly rewarding experience.
Hours and shifts
- We provide care daily over a 7 day period, including Bank Holidays from 7am to 11pm
- Work is mostly split into 2 daily shifts – Mornings and Lunches, Tea’s and Beds.
- Care staff are required to work every other weekend or one day every weekend
- We have full and part-time positions available
To apply for a Visiting Carer job with Independent People Homecare, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Be a car owner with a clean & full driving licence.
- We accept applications from experienced Carers as well as individuals who want to work in care for the first time
- You must have excellent communication skills, and a fluent understanding of verbal and written English
Visiting Carer benefits
In return we offer an exceptional package:
Our rates of pay:
- £8.50 per hour – Weekdays
£9.00 per hour – weekends
We can offer you:
- The highest rates of pay in plus mileage
- Generous mileage payments
- £130 welcome bonus, on completion of training
- Free Training and support with completion of your care certificate, diplomas and apprenticeships
- Career development to progress to senior roles
- Free Enhanced criminal records check for all employees (DBS) We will pay for this.
- Free uniforms and protective equipment.
- Holiday pay is paid on EVERY hour you work
- We can provide flexible or a guaranteed hour’s contract
- Enhanced rates of pay at weekends
Join us and you’ll grow in confidence and ability as you take on exciting new challenges. Plus you’ll be given the kind of rewards and support that make you feel special. (Let’s face it, we couldn’t do without you.) Independent People is different. It’s exciting, it’s better. And we love it. We hope you do too. Make a difference… every day. For an informal chat call: 0800 471 4741.