How can our Huntington’s disease care services help?
At IP Homecare we know that caring for a loved one living with Huntington’s disease can be a very upsetting time and put a considerable strain on families. You may assume that a residential care home is the only option, bu there is an alternative – live-in care.
Live-in care involves professionally trained carers providing 24-hour support at home, as per a tailored Huntington’s disease care plan specifically created to meet your individual needs. Our carers are there to help you and your family manage the different challenges of this condition, without needing to move into residential care.
What can our Huntington’s health carers support you with?
Live-in carers are on hand 24-hours per day, 7 days a week, to help and assist with a wide variety of duties. These might include:
- Personal care
- Medication administration
- Preparing nutritious meals. Our Carers will ensure they cook their favourite meals whilst ensuring they’re of high nutritious value
- Helping to maintain a regular exercise routine (as a physiotherapy-led care live-in care agency we understand the importance of exercise)
- Working with neurologists, dieticians, neuropsychiatrists, speech therapists and other health care professionals to manage symptoms more effectively and positively.
- Housekeeping, such as cleaning, washing and general chores around the house
Mental and physical Huntington’s health care
As part of our Huntington’s disease care plans, we not only provide physical support, but we help with mental health too. It’s understandable for those living with this condition to experience periods of anxiety and depression, which is why we ensure your loved one is matched with a live-in carer that has similar interests and hobbies to them.
Find out more about Huntington’s disease care
To arrange a no obligation FREE care assessment, please contact us today.