How can our Huntington’s care service help?
At Independent People Homecare, we understand that caring for a loved one living with Huntington’s disease can be a very upsetting time and put a considerable strain on families. You may assume that a residential care home is the only option however there is an alternative – Live in care.
Live-in care is where professionally trained carers experienced in Huntington’s disease provide 24/7 support and care in the home. Live-in carers are there to help you and your family manage the different challenges of Huntington’s disease without needing to move to residential care.
What can Huntington’s Carers assist with?
Live-in Carers are there 24 hours per day/7 days per week to help and assist with a wide variety of duties including (but not limited to):
- Personal care
- Medication Administration
- Meal preparation. Our Carers will ensure they cook their favourite meals whilst ensuring they’re of high nutritious value
- We’ll help to maintain a regular exercise routine (As a physiotherapy-led care live-in care agency we understand the importance of exercise)
- We’ll work with neurologists, dieticians, neuropsychiatrists, speech therapists and other health care professionals to manage symptoms more effectively and positively.
- Housekeeping – cleaning, washing and general chores around the house
Providing both physical and mental support
Our Live-in Carers are not only there to help with their physical needs but also their mental health needs too as we understand those living with Huntington’s disease are prone to bouts of anxiety and depression. We’ll also ensure you or a loved one is matched with a live-in carers with similar interests and hobbies to their own
Find out more about Live-in care
We understand every person will have a different experience of Huntington’s disease. Rest assured, together we’ll work out a unique Huntington’s care and support plan that revolves around your specific needs. We’ll also ensure you continue to participate in hobbies and activities you enjoy with dignity and independence.
To arrange a no obligation FREE care assessment, please contact us today.